Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter of the lottery is Monaghan GAA, located at Entekra Monaghan GAA Centre of Excellence, Cloghan, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan A75 VE84 (hereinafter referred to as “the Promoter”). Members of the Executive Committee of the Promoter will organise and oversee the lottery.
2. These terms and conditions of purchase (and any non-contractual obligations arising or in connection with these terms and conditions of purchase) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Ireland.
3. This lottery is a fully licensed lottery under Section 28 of the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956 (as substituted by Section 12 of the Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Act 2019). The lottery was granted a licence in District Court of Carrickmacross, Co. Monaghan (District No. 5) on the 2nd day of June 2021.
4. The purpose of the lottery is to raise funds for the benefit of developing and enhancing the Monaghan GAA Centre of Excellence. The organisers of the lottery shall not derive any personal profit from the lottery.
5. The lottery is open to natural persons aged 18 years or older. Any lottery tickets purchased by persons under the age of 18 years shall be declared null and void and shall not be included nor deemed to be included in the lottery. Any such lottery ticket entered into the lottery in error or otherwise will be declared invalid and another lottery ticket will be drawn in its place.
6. The cost of a lottery ticket is €75.00.
7. Upon purchasing a lottery ticket, the lottery ticket purchaser will be automatically registered as a social member of ‘Monaghan GAA from the date of purchase to 16th January 2022. No additional fees will arise in respect of the lottery ticket purchaser’s membership of Monaghan GAA Supporters Fundraising Club.
8. The lottery is confined to social members of Monaghan GAA who are subject to the rules of Monaghan GAA.
9. By purchasing a lottery ticket, the lottery ticket purchaser is indicating their agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions of purchase. Only those individuals who have purchased a lottery ticket(s) are eligible to participate in the lottery.
10. Members of the Executive Committee of the Promoter appointed to organise and oversee the lottery are expressly precluded from purchasing a lottery ticket.
11. There is no limit to the number of lottery tickets that an individual may purchase.
12. There are a maximum number of lottery tickets available of 12,500.
13. Once purchased, the lottery ticket is non-refundable except in circumstances where the lottery is cancelled by the Promoter. In that event, a maximum amount of €65.00 per lottery ticket purchased will be refunded to the lottery ticket purchaser.
14. The Promoter, its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members, sub-committee members or the organisers of the lottery shall not be liable to the lottery ticket purchaser for any loss, inconvenience, damage or expense suffered by the lottery ticket purchaser participating in this lottery.
15. The Promoter, its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members, sub-committee members or the organisers of the lottery shall not be liable for any failure in the performance of its obligations due to factors beyond its and/or their control.
16. The 1st prize in the lottery is a 2 bed apartment located in central Puerto del Carmen, Lanzarote (hereinafter referred to as “the Property”) OR alternatively €140,000 cash. The value of the Property at the time of publishing the terms and conditions of purchase herein is €167,000.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to add additional prizes to the lottery as follows:
2nd €5,000 cash prize;
3rd €2,000 cash prize;
4th €2,000 cash prize;
5th €1,000 cash prize.
18. The lottery draw will be held on the Sunday 16th January 2022 (hereinafter referred to as ‘the lottery draw date’) in a premises of the Monaghan GAA (hereinafter ‘the lottery draw location’).
19. The Promoter reserves the right to alter or change the lottery draw date and/or the lottery draw time and/or the lottery draw location for any reason whatsoever and in setting an alternative lottery draw date and/or lottery draw time and/or lottery draw location will notify the lottery ticket purchaser as soon as practicable in respect thereof by publishing a notice in this regard on www.monaghangaa.ie.
20. The Promoter, its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members, sub-committee members or the organisers of the lottery accepts no responsibility whatsoever whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission, interception or communication failure or otherwise, for unreceived, late, missing, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected entries to the lottery.
21. The winner of the 1st prize in the lottery (hereinafter ‘the prize-winner’) will be notified by phone and or email within 28 days of the lottery draw date.
22. To claim their prize, the prize-winner must contact the Promoter by email at email@example.com and/or by post to and/or in person at the Promoter’s location at Entekra Monaghan GAA Centre of Excellence, Cloghan, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan, A75 VE84
23. The prize-winner may be subject to verification by the Promoter and their agents. This process may take up to 7 days to complete once the prize-winner have claimed their prize.
24. If a prize-winner cannot be contacted via one of the above means of communication or does not claim their prize within 14 days of the notification of same the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the prize-winner and select a replacement prize-winner.
25. The lottery will be implemented, conducted and verified by the Promoter and these processes will be independently observed by Dermot McCrystal & Co., Chartered Accountants, 1 The Hill, Monaghan, Co. Monaghan. The Promoter will maintain books and records recording all entries into the lottery and all costs relating to the lottery.
26. The Promoter’s decision in respect of the prize-winners and all or any other matters concerned with the lottery is final. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of the lottery or the lottery result.
27. The legal title to the Property will be transferred to the 1st prize winner free from any financial interest, entitlement or encumbrances in favour of the Promoter as soon as practicable following the lottery draw.
28. The 1st prize winner of the Property will be required to appoint their own solicitor in Spain to act in the transfer of the Property and will be responsible for the payment of their own legal expenses.
29. If the 1st prize winner of the Property does not appoint a solicitor and take steps within 28 days of claiming the prize to effect the transfer of the legal title to the Property to them and in any event enter into a Deed of Transfer to so transfer the Property within six months from the date of claiming the prize the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize and select a replacement winner.
30. The 1st prize winner will be responsible for all or any legal or other costs incurred in the transfer of the Property to include the legal fees of their solicitor, stamp duty, registration expenses and any and all other related outlays and expenses.
31. The Promoter does not warrant nor confirm the state and condition of the Property in any way. The Promoter nor any of its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members, sub-committee members or the organisers of the lottery shall not be in any circumstances liable for any loss, damage, inconvenience or expense suffered by the 1st prize winner in relation to the state, condition, repair or construction of the Property.
32. The 1st prize winner of the Property shall be responsible for the costs associated with the fitout of the Property once completed and does so without any recourse to the Promoter.
33. Once the Property has been registered in the name of the 1st prize winner, the Promoter will have no direct or indirect financial interest in the Property and it will be held free from any encumbrances. in favour of the Promoter.
34. The Promoter reserves the right at all times to amend the lottery and/or the terms and conditions of purchase set out herein. In purchasing a lottery ticket each the lottery ticket purchaser consents and agrees to be bound by the said amendments. The Promoter further reserves the right to cancel the lottery for any reason whatsoever. The cancellation or any amendment to the lottery or these terms and conditions of purchase will be notified to the lottery ticket purchaser as soon as practicable in respect thereof by publishing a notice in this regard on www.monaghangaa.ie
35. For the purposes of data protection legislation:
1. The Promoter will retain and use the lottery ticket purchaser’s personal data for the duration of the lottery and for reasonable period thereafter; (not exceeding one year)
2. On purchasing a lottery ticket, the lottery ticket purchaser agrees to the use of their details being used solely in connection with the lottery. Personal data of any kind will not be disclosed to a third party without the lottery ticket purchaser’s consent;
3. The prize-winners hereby agree and consent to the use of their personal data and/or image being released in publicity material in conjunction with the lottery;
4. The 1st prize winner of the Property also agrees and consents to their personal data being released to relevant third parties to effect the transfer of the Property to them.
36. Errors and Omissions Excepted. The Promotor, its servants, agents, licencees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the lottery / competition accepts no responsibility whatsoever whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission, interception or communications failure for unreceived, late, missing, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected claims, entries, applications, membership or otherwise.
LOTTERY LICENCE APPROVAL TO PROMOTE THIS MONAGHAN GAA FUNDRAISER WAS RECEIVED ON WEDNESDAY, JUNE 2nd , 2021.
DISTRICT COURT AREA of CARRICKMACROSS, CO. MONAGHAN (DISTRICT No. 5)